Notes: We made this without the nuts, just because we didn’t have any. Everyone loved these brownies. Next time I’ll try them with nuts.
Servings: 24 | Total Time: About 1 hour
- 2 sticks butter, plus extra for greasing the 9×13 dish.
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate (I used the Ghirardelli chocolate bars you find in the baking section)
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 6.38 oz flour, or 1- 1/2 cups if you don’t have scales
- 2 – 1/2 cups toasted chopped pecans or walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
- 1n a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a stand mixer using paddle attachment, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn mixer to low. Beat in melted chocolate. Add salt and flour and beat just until combined. Gently fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake in center of oven until puffed and almost set, about 45 minutes. A toothpick inserted will be slightly moist. Remove and cool slightly before serving.
Recipe Origin: Printed originally in the LA Times. Recipe here.