Serves: 4-6 | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pork loin or pork tenderloin (1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 TBSP plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and grated in food processor
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 small package baby spinach, chopped
- hot sauce or Heinz 57 sauce, optional
- Heat broiler on high. Place pork on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Rub with 1 tsp of the olive oil, chili powder and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Broil, turning occasionally and basting with maple syrup twice, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a food processor with the grating disk, grate sweet potatoes.
- Heat 1 TBSP oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook, until beginning to brown, about 2 -3 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and cook, tossing occasionally until tender, 7-9 minutes more.
- Add spinach and cook, tossing until wilted, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve pork and sweet potatoes with Heinz 57 sauce.
Notes: This was crazy good and a surprising hit with the whole family. Made great leftovers.
Recipe Origin: Real Simple– I added some time to the potatoes because mine weren’t crispy with their timing.