Servings: 4 | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces Spanish chorizo, chopped (I used 1 Chorizo sausage from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 pound ground turkey (I used organic ground turkey)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- fresh cilantro sprigs
- lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion and chorizo until the chorizo is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey to the skillet, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and cook, breaking the meat up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide the turkey-chorizo mixture among the tortillas and top with sour cream, avocado, salsa, and cilantro; serve with lime wedges.
Notes: This was very good- and both kids and adults liked it!