Prep Time: 2 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 2 minutes | Serves: A Ton of Folks
- 1.5 cups water (or can do 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup apple cider)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup diced pear or apple
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds
- 1/4 cup milk
- Bring liquids to boil.
- Stir in oats and salt. Reduce and cook 3 minutes.
- Add pear, cranberries, cinnamon and vanilla. Cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in nuts and milk.
Notes: We’ve made this since 2007. It is fast and delicious. Why anyone would make that bland instant oatmeal from a packet when you could make this in a jiffy is beyond me.