Prep: ? | Cook Time: ? | Serves: 4
- 1 carton extra firm tofu
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 lb green beans or thin asparagus
- 4 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 tsp roasted peanut oil
- 5 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- Drain tofu. Cut it cross wise into slabs about 1/2 inch wide. Cut each slab in half lengthwise, then cut into triangles. Blot well with paper towels.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise, remove veins and seeds, and cut into triangles. Cut ends off green beans and cut into 2 inch lengths.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and water in a small bowl and stir.
- Heat 1 TBSP peanut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add tofu and cook without disturbing, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook the other side. Tofu should be golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add another teaspoon of oil. When hot add green beans. Stir fry over high heat for 2 minutes, then add bell pepper and cook for another 5 minutes. Return tofu to pan, and season with a few pinches of salt.
- Pour in the soy-sauce mixture and cook, coating the tofu and peppers. Turn off heat before it reduces too much. Top with cashews, and serve over rice.