Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 1/2 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 40 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 bag carrots
- 1 onion
- Breakfast Klub seasoning
- Measure 8 tsp Breakfast Klub spice mix into a small bowl.
- Cut onion into 4 or 5 chunks and put it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Peel and cut entire bag of carrots into 2 or 3 pieces for each carrot, and put in bottom of slow cooker.
- Remove any stuff from inside of chicken. If there is a lot of fat at the opening of the cavity, trim it off.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry.
- Rub Breakfast Klub spice mixture all over. Rub a few carrots with your hands to get the spice mixture off of them. Toss those back into slow cooker.
- Put prepared chicken on top of the onions and carrots in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. Do not add any liquid.
- Cook for 4 1/2 hours on high. Chicken will be falling off the bone.
I got the original concept of Crockpot Chicken from here, and modified it to add vegetables and use the awesome Breakfast Klub seasoning I brought home from my recent trip to Houston.
Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: Serves 4
- 8 oz strawberries, halved and hulled
- 1 small shallot
- 3 1/2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 3 1/2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 bag (6 oz) baby spinach
- 2 oz goat cheese log, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 bunch chives, chopped
- In a blender, puree one quarter of the strawberries, the shallot, 2 1/2 Tbsp balsamic, 2 Tbsp oil and the honey; season with salt and pepper. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes; transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Meanwhile, add remaining strawberries, 1 Tbsp balsamic and 1/4 cup water to skillet and simmer, stirring, until the berries are warmed through, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the strawberry vinaigrette and divide among 4 plates. Slice the chicken breasts 1/4 inch thick and place on top with warm strawberries, goat cheese and chives; season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Origin: No idea.
Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield:
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 12 strips
- 1 10 oz can frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 2/3 cup tequila *
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBSP chicken seasoning
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- Baby arugula and lime halves, for serving
- Place chicken, margarita mix, tequila, cilantro and chicken seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Squeeze air out and seal.
- Massage the bag to combine ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 30 minute to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soak 12 wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto skewer.
- Oil the grill grate, grill the skewers for 1-2 minutes per side, or until meat is cooked through.
- Serve on a platter with arugula and lime.
Notes: * I don’t really care for tequila, and I’m not going to go out of my way to buy some just to make this. Also, I’m not giving tequila soaked chicken to toddlers. So, I just make it with the frozen margarita mix and all the other ingredients.
Recipe Origin: Tore page out of local magazine.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Yield: Serves 4
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- cayenne pepper, very small pinch
- salt and pepper to taste
- all-purpose flour for dredging
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP capers, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 TBSP cold unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 TBSP fresh Italian parsley, chopped (fine without it)
- Pound chicken breasts to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts w/ cayenne, salts, and black pepper. Dredge in flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Place chicken in pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook until browned and cooke through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Cook capers in reserved oil, smashing them lightly, until warmed through, about 30 seconds.
- Pour white wine into skillet. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan witha wooden spoon. Cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Stir lemon juice, water, and butter into the wine mixture. Cook and stir continuously to form a thick sauce, about 2-4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir parsley through the sauce.
- Return chicken to pan and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with sauce spooned over top.
Recipe calls for 4 chicken breasts, but we find it is too much meat for 2 adults and 2 kids.
Unknown. We’ve made it several times, and it’s good.
Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: Serves ?
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 32 cubes
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread 4 chicken cubes alternately with 3 tomatoes, if desired, onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Sprinkle skewers with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes. Turn skewers over; grill 2 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Grate 1 1/2 teaspoons rind from 1 end of lemon; cut lemon in half, crosswise. Cut ungrated lemon half into quarters; reserve remaining lemon half for another use. Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon rind, garlic, and oregano in a food processor; process until finely ground, scraping sides. With motor running, slowly drizzle oil through the food chute; process until well blended. Brush oregano mixture over skewers; serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Origin: Never made this. Adapted from Cooking Light recipe.
Also want to try this recipe for Chicken Skewers with Orzo Salad.