Notes: Super Easy. I also make Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas, which come out with a shredded texture. These are not shredded. Delicious flavor!
Servings: 4-6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a yellow and half a red)
- 12 flour tortillas
- Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with whatever toppings you like.
Notes: Easy and delicious. The biscuits are very easy to make.
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 2:45
- 4-5 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (you can skip this and increase chicken broth by 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth or homemade chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 recipe, Drop Biscuits
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the wine and broth.
- Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on high for 2 1⁄2 hours (my preference) or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, prepare the Drop Biscuits.
- Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, cream, and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.
Recipe Origin: Adapted from Real Simple recipe. Increased broth from 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup, increased flour from 1/4 to 1/2 cup, increased celery and carrots, decreased salt.