2 Granny Smith Apples
1 lb red cabbage
1 large red onion
1/2 oz fresh ginger
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp granulated sugar (or substitute)
3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
2-3 TBSP golden raisins
4 bone-in pork loin chops
- Peel, halve and core apples and cut into 1/4 inch pieces. Halve and core cabbage and cut into thin slices. Halve and peel onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices. Peel and grate ginger.
- Combine apples, ginger, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 TBSP balsamic over medium-high heat. Cook until sugar dissolves, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce and simmer, stirring occasionally 8-10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Grab a bigger pan. Heat 1 TBSP EVOO. Add onion and cook, 4-5 minutes. Add cabbage, raisins, and 1 cup water and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- Add remaining balsamic and sugar. Cook until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Empty out and wipe out pan.
- Pat pork chop dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 TBSP oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to platter with cabbage and top with apple relish.